Membership in the Orange County Advisors in Philanthropy (OC AiP) is open to professionals who advise clients with charitable intent. OC AiP serves both the nonprofit and allied professional, whether new to the field or with many years of experience. New members must be in good standing with their professional organization and must be approved by the OC AiP Board of Directors. Professional groups represented include:
Allied Professionals: Trust Officers, Financial Planners, Accountants, Insurance Professionals, Attorneys, Investment & Banking Professionals Nonprofit Members: Executive Directors, Planned Giving and Development Officers, and Directors, Trustees, Staff & Volunteers, Foundation Executives
OC AiP Membership Features:
- Three (3) General Meetings
- Discounted registration to OC AiP events
- Presentations from philanthropic & industry leaders
- Opportunities for networking with other philanthropic advisors
- Online membership directory with connections to fellow philanthropic advisors
- Mentor Program which matches an experienced professional with someone new to the field or someone who is looking for guidance on a certain topic
- Web site links to industry resources, legislative and regulatory updates
- Case studies
Annual Membership: $300
Includes membership in BOTH the National AiP and Orange County Advisors in Philanthropy, and discounted registration to all General Meetings. OC AiP is affiliated with the National Advisors in Philanthropy (AiP): http://advisorsinphilanthropy.org
Memberships are for individuals and are not transferable. The membership cycle is on a 12-month basis and members are assigned an anniversary date; therefore, regardless of which month you join, you will receive benefits for a full 12 months. National AiP Membership Features:
- A Members Resource area on the website where you have access to members-only benefits, including an extensive database of members and non-members with search capabilities, a message board to post your questions for other members, sample business documents, resources and articles, minutes of past AiP Board meetings, and copies of our Bylaws and Code of Ethics.
- Ability to review and sit for the American College courses needed for the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP) designation. This is held as a pre-conference workshop prior to our annual conference in April. You must be a member of AiP and be enrolled with the American College.
- Free Monthly Educational Webinars by some of the leading professionals in our industry. Most carry 1 CFP & PACE credit.
- Networking opportunities at our annual conference with the top professionals in this field. Meet our speakers, sponsors and other members and explore the expertise, products and services they have available to you. Use the on-line message board to post questions to other members or make announcements.
- Synergistic Alliances with collegial organizations, training programs and with media covering philanthropic planning.
- Discounts on training programs and books for our members.
- Your name, bio and photo listed in our Website Membership Directory. This provides an informal referral source for members and potential clients – link your emails and website to your bio on our website.
- Access to member’s ideas and expertise nationally through our opt-in email list serves, and our on-line message board.
- Opportunity to serve on one of our various Committees to truly impact the direction and success of the Association. If you would like to serve, contact our office for options.
- The ability to assure your clients that you belong to a larger organization of coast-to-coast advisors who are a resource for any questions or problems that you might encounter.
Corporate Membership: $500
Corporate or organizational membership is available and carries all the same benefits as the individual annual membership and is transferable for attendance purposes for two members at all meetings. The membership will be assigned to one primary person and an additional two people can interchangeably participate at the OC AiP events. The cost is $500 annually. If you are interested, please contact [email protected] for more information.
BECOME AN OC AiP MEMBER (Please enter “Orange County” in the promotion/discount area to receive the chapter rate)