Nov 2016 Lunch and Learn – Keeping Private Foundations Out of Tax Trouble
Orange County Advisors in Philanthropy (OC AiP) invites members to our November 16 Lunch and Learn discussion “Keeping Private Foundations Out of Tax Trouble”.
Attend this session and learn:
- That Form 990-PF is public information and should disclose the required information in a manner that puts the Foundation’s best face forward
- The various filing requirements for Private Foundations including deadlines, penalties, and penalty abatement strategies
- The 6 Private Foundation Excise Taxes, of which 5 are punitive in nature, self-dealing and the Private Inurement Doctrine
- Who is a Disqualified Person issues of concern to the IRS
- What records should be retained
Private foundations provide your clients with a meaningful and impactful way to direct their philanthropy. You can support their good work by keeping them out of tax trouble. This lunch discussion is sponsored by the Wright Ford Young & Co. and will be facilitated by Cheryl J. Schaffer, who is well recognized for her work in tax planning and preparation for high net-worth individuals, estates, trusts, and private foundations.
Cheryl Schaffer, CPA, MST, AEP
Partner, Estates & Trusts
Wright Ford Young & Co.
Lunch and Learn
650 Town Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
The cost to OC AiP members is $25 each. Space is limited to 14, so register early.
We appreciate your participation in OC AiP and encourage you to bring one guest who you feel would benefit from this topic and connecting with our work. We look forward to seeing you there!